I made this recipe from the special issue of Vegetarian Times Best Ever Vegan Recipes. I did substitute a few of the ingredients because at the time I was not using processed flours and sugars. Read the post on my first vegan baking experience for further details.
- 6 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine
- 2 cups light brown sugar (subbed turbinado sugar)
- 2 5oz jars prune puree
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (subbed coconut flour)
- 1 tbs. baking powder
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Unsweetened cocoa powder and confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Step 1 For complete instructions visit Vegetarian Times Best Ever Vegan Recipes
Recipe Notes: Making these brownies with the coconut flour may have made them a little dry, so I would suggest trying a lighter flour like perhaps almond flour. I might also suggest adding a bit of applesauce for a little more moisture. The other option is to serve these brownies warm with some vegan ice cream or a glass of wine as we all know a glass of good wine makes everything all good.